Gravity Forms WordPress plugin: main capabilities & custom add-ons
Did you know that your WordPress website could fulfil all your wishes? For this purpose, it has thousands of plugins, and more results can be achieved by customization. Today, we would like to take a glimpse at a form-building plugin called Gravity Forms that is popular among customers. Some of them have reached out to our WordPress team asking to help them set up Gravity Forms optimally and fully use its capabilities, or create custom add-ons for Gravity Forms. So let’s talk about it.
The Gravity Forms WordPress plugin and its capabilities
- Any kinds of forms (polls, quizzes, surveys, requests, orders, registration forms, and so on)
- 30+ ready form fields
- Pricing fields for accepting payments
- Drag-and-drop form-building interface
- Flexible settings of how the forms look and behave
- Forms with conditional logic
- File upload support
- Multi-step forms with a progress bar
- Email notifications
- Routing of notifications
- Mobile responsive design
- Spam protection features
- Multiple integrations provided by add-ons
and much more.
Add-ons for Gravity Forms WordPress plugin
Gravity forms has multiple add-ons that provide integration with third-party systems (email marketing, CRMs, payment services etc.), as well offer interesting features.
The availability of add-ons depends on the Gravity Forms package. There are three packages with prices ranging from $39 to $199. Accordingly, add-ons included vary from zero to advanced. In addition, there are Gravity Forms add-ons created by the community.
Custom add-ons for Gravity Forms: the benefits of creation
Despite the great number of existing add-ons for Gravity Forms, our customers sometimes ask our WordPress developers to create custom add-ons (aka modules). This decision to create a custom add-on for Gravity Forms, like for any other plugin, can be beneficial in many ways.
Let’s take, for example, Gravity Forms integration with payment gateways. Existing Gravity Forms add-ons offer integration with many popular gateways (PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net, and so on). However, their functionality is limited by standard payment methods and behavior.
On the contrary, your custom add-on will be created particularly for your needs, and so:
- it is possible to create special features or integrate with a particular third-party system
- you decide what exactly the add-on will do — nothing less, nothing more
- one add-on can may cover the features of several other add-ons
- you significantly increase website performance and save resources, when one add-on is used instead of many
- you save on your staff’s working hours, because they learn and use only one tool instead of many
- you are free to sell the add-on online to other website owners for additional earnings
- it is easy to move your add-on to other websites
- conflicts are minimal, compared to the use of multiple add-ons
Let’s create your optimal Gravity Forms add-on
Remember an eternal question: what comes first, form or function? If you contact our WordPress developers, you can have both!
WordPress plugins are our area of expertise. Our devs know how to make the best of them — which ones to choose, how to set them up, and how to extend them with add-ons.
So if you need help in setting up or creating add-ons for Gravity Forms WordPress plugin or any other, drop a line to our WordPress team!