Integrating Drupal 8 with Marketing Tools
Only a few years ago it was a challenge to manually integrate marketing services into a website. However, a perfect marketing automation tool cannot exist without the ability to be integrated across multiple channels. Nowadays, marketing tools can be digitally integrated with any platform, including Drupal-based websites. This is possible because Drupal 8 provides custom modules for most of such services.
Today, the team at WishDesk explores the most popular marketing automation tools that integrate with Drupal 8.
What is marketing automation?
Marketing automation is a tool that automates repetitive marketing actions, such as social media, email, tracking processes and others. In such a way marketers are able to focus on more urgent tasks and increase productivity.
This study by Social Media Today states that 75% of business currently use automation tools.
Key features of marketing automation tools
Marketing automation tools let marketers get rid of routine manual tasks. The key points and advantages of them are:
- tracking visitors
- email marketing
- lead scoring
- customizable workflows
Marketing tools that integrate with Drupal 8
Drupal is a universal CMS and has modules for any feature which will definitely benefit your business. Drupal cares about marketers as well. Here is a list of Drupal 8 marketing modules that can be integrated with a website.
HubSpot is the most popular inbound marketing platform on the internet.
With the help of Drupal 8 HubSpot module, this service can be easily integrated with Drupal. Website owners can create content on HubSpot and display it on Drupal 8’s front-end.
- submit any Webform to the HubSpot Leads API, as a lead to be tracked by HubSpot
- see your latest leads in the Drupal admin dashboard
- extensive documentation is available
MailChimp is an email marketing tool. MailChimp allows you not only to set up mailing lists based on multiple preferences but also retrieve mailing lists from a database. Users who sign up on your Drupal 8 website will automatically be stored in your site’s database. You can use these emails for a newsletter and use the MailChimp integration to send emails without manually creating a list of such users.
There’s the MailChimp module available for Drupal 8. It helps easily integrate marketing automation tool with Drupal.
- connect a MailChimp List to any entity with an email address field
- display subscription forms or status for Lists on entities
- subscription controlled on Entity creation
- create forms to allow site visitors to sign up for any Mailchimp List or combination of Lists
- create Pages, Blocks, or both to display forms
- create campaigns containing any Drupal entity
- send campaigns created in Drupal through Mailchimp or Drupal interfaces
- campaign statistics
Salesforce is a software company that specializes in customer relationship management (CRM) that can benefit both small and large businesses. The Salesforce platform has functionalities for sales management, partner relationship management, and customer service. It allows users to synchronize contacts, calendars, emails, and various tasks.
Drupal 8 offers the Salesforce Suite of modules to integrate with your Drupal website.
- supports pushing Drupal data to Salesforce as well as pulling, or importing, Salesforce data into Drupal
- marketing and sales lead synchronization
- OAuth 2.0 authorization to maximize access control and safety
- real-time visibility
Google Analytics is a powerful tracking tool that creates all imaginable statistics for your website. With the help of this marketing automation tool, you can track users, average session duration, bounce rate, conversions, traffic source, locations, type of device, and much more!
Drupal 8 offers the Google Analytics module that turns the integration of this marketing tool with Drupal into an easy task.
- single/multi/cross domain tracking
- selectively track/exclude certain users, roles and pages
- monitor what files are downloaded from your pages
- demographics and interests support
- anonymize visitors IP address
- DoNotTrack support (non-cached content only)
- Drupal messages tracking
- access denied (403) and page not found (404) tracking
Check out this post on how to integrate Google Analytics with Drupal 8.
Crazy Egg is another helpful marketing automation tool that generates a heatmap of your site. It shows where visitors spend most of their time on your website. Crazy Egg also shows where visitors scroll and where they click the most.
The Crazy Egg module for Drupal 8 allows easy integration of the tool with your Drupal site.
- scroll maps so you can see where people are scrolling
- session recordings that allow you to watch recordings of your visitors interacting with your website
- A/B tests
Social Auth Google
Social Auth Google allows users to register or login to the Drupal site with the help of their Google account. This module allows websites to request any scopes so that any tasks requiring authentication with Google services can be performed.
A path user/login/google redirects users to Google Accounts for authentication.
Integrate marketing tools with Drupal 8!
These are just some of the examples of marketing tools that integrate with Drupal 8. You definitely need them on your website if you want to keep your business on top.
Please get in touch if you need any help with integrating marketing automation tools with Drupal website.