Collection of great free WordPress plugins for restaurant websites
Every restaurant or cafe absolutely needs a website. Today, customer appetite is often born online — while they browse your menus, admire your design, or read Google reviews. When it comes to creating a restaurant website, WordPress CMS is a very good option. There are many nice must-have WordPress plugins for all websites, as well as specific ones to meet the needs of the restaurant industry. Our WordPress team will be glad to build you a website worth best WordPress website examples, as well as share the information about useful free WordPress plugins for restaurant websites.
Collection of free WordPress plugins for restaurant websites
Let’s see what customers may expect from a restaurant website. First of all, they will appreciate a menu with images and prices, detailed contacts to quickly find you, images that show your restaurant interior or atmosphere, online reservation feature, and other customer reviews.
Here’s how free WordPress plugins implement this all. Some of them also offer paid versions, but we will focus on their free options.
Food and Drink Menu Plugin
The Food and Drink Menu is a very useful plugin for restaurant websites. It lets you easily create a menu with the help of two post types — Menu Item and Menu. All you need is to create various dishes as menu items and them group them together.
- multiple prices and photos
- guidance to dishes
- footer with notes
- menus displayed in pages, posts, or navigation
- custom post type formats allowed
- responsive design
- templates for customization
- ready for multilingual websites
Quick Restaurant Menu Plugin
Another great plugin for restaurant websites is Quick Restaurant Menu that creates new post types — Menus and Menu Items. You can create and edit menu items in the menu interface, drag-and-drop to rearrange them, combine them to create categories.
- different menus for different hours/days
- header and footer for menus
- prices, images, descriptions, sizes
- responsive design
- custom CSS allowed
- drag-and-drop features
Restaurant Menu – Food Ordering System – Table Reservation Plugin
As the name suggests, the multipurpose plugin for restaurants Restaurant Menu – Food Ordering System – Table Reservation combines menus, table reservations, and food ordering. Everything is easy to set up in a few minutes following the step-by-step wizard.
Key features for menus:
- drag-and-drop menu editor
- image support
- dish sizes, choices, add-ons
- any complexity menus
- responsive design
- promotions supported
Key features for food ordering:
- single-page checkout
- autocomplete feature
- scheduled delivery
- real-time confirmation
- multiple delivery zones with minimum order values
- online payments with support for tips
- mobile app for receiving orders
- order statistics
- advanced notifications
Key features for table booking:
- simple reservation form
- mobile app to receive reservations
- food ordering before the visit
The WPPizza plugin is perfectly suited for pizza delivery, but will be great for other restaurant businesses. It lets you set up menus with prices, let users add items to cart, and receive their delivery orders with cash payments.
- categories and multiple prices
- multi-language support
- multisite support
- order tracking
- shortcode support
Restaurant Reservations Plugin
With the Restaurant Reservations plugin, you can enable your customers to make online reservations. You will confirm or reject them, send email notifications, restrict booking time, and more.
- email notifications for administrator about bookings
- email notifications for customer about confirmations
- customization for all notifications
- automatic blocking of reservations during days-off
- bookings displayed anywhere on the website
- custom user roles for reservation management
Of course, our collection could not do without a plugin that creates beautiful slideshows. Your guests need to feel the atmosphere of your restaurant. The MetaSlider is one of the most popular plugins in this area.
- 4 slideshows types (Flex Slider 2, Nivo Slider, Responsive Slides, Coin Slider)
- drag-and-drop reordering
- smart image cropping
- multisite support
- support for captions, links, ALT text, and more
- special effects liks transition, speed choice, and more
- Lightbox support
Google Maps Widget – Best Google Maps Plugin
Of course, Google maps plugins are not restaurant industry specific, but they fulfil one of their main requirements — let customers will easily find your restaurant. One of these plugins is Google Maps Widget that has 100.000+ active installations, and offers you a Google map in two forms:
- interactive map that loads in a lightbox
Key features for thumbnail Google map:
- custom width and height
- road, satellite, terrain, or hybrid map type
- text above or below
- a variety of color schemes
- customization for map pins (color, size, label etc.)
- choice of language
Key features for interactive Google map
- custom height and width
- header text
- footer text
- options for map closing (“escape”, “close”, and so on)
- plenty of other options available in the paid version
Google Places Reviews Plugin
The Google Places Reviews plugin places Google reviews on your WordPress website. This is very helpful for building brand credibility. All you need is to drag the widget to where you need on your site and confiture it to your liking.
- up to 3 reviews per location in the free version
- selection of widget themes with various color schemes
- Google Places Autocomplete
Your future restaurant website customers are waiting!
So it’s time to please your restaurant customers not only with tasty dishes but with an attractive and informative website! Our developers will build it for you using these or many other great free WordPress plugins for restaurant websites. And, of course, they can create custom plugins to meet your needs exactly. Contact our digital agency!