How to build Google Web Stories with the WordPress plugin?
Facebook stories, Instagram stories, Snapchat stories, Twitter Fleets — and now Google Web Stories. To keep the audience's attention, Google launched stories for websites. This is a super-cool idea, and it means you can create Web Stories on WordPress sites, attract more customers, interact with them, and incentivize them to take the desired action.
Besides, Google recently released an improved version of Web Stories 1.5.0. Web development support offers to look in more detail at Google Web Stories, their benefits, and the installation process.
What are Google Web Stories?
Google Web Stories or Web Stories or AMP Stories is very similar Stories format to that used on Instagram or Facebook. It’s a new way to visually present content for site owners, including WordPress. Web Stories can contain every type of content, including video, pictures, text, and various animations.
Google calls Web Stories "snackable content," which means short, interesting content that will get your audience to jump to the "main course," which is the main content of your site.
The important thing is that Google Web Stories can be published not only on your site but also in Google search results, in image search, in Discover, and in Google App. And unlike Stories on other platforms, after publication, AMP Stories remain forever. They are open and freely distributable.
At the core, Web Stories are designed for mobile users, but don't worry — they automatically get a simple desktop viewer for PC users.
What Are the Benefits of Using Web Stories?
- They are easy to create using the Web stories plugin
- You can share a story on the open web
- Google Web Stories gives you detailed analytics
- You can monitor your Web Stories using affiliate links
- They capture readers' attention
- Web Stories have their own section at the top of Google SERPs
- They receive support from Google
- They support a variety of content
Web Stories: New features
Most recently, Google updated the Web Stories plugin to version 1.5.0. Let's see what's new in it!
Ability to monetize the stories
Not only can you create Web Stories on WordPress sites, but you can also monetize them. Now you can do it right in the plugin settings without the need for code changes. Your Stories become tantamount to blogs.
Old errors are fixed
All bugs that were in the previous version have already been fixed. Now there are no more problems integrating with other plugins.
The new Page Layouts section
The last version has new Page Layouts. They help you build Web Stories faster and more easily with the WordPress plugin. All you need to do is choose the Layouts you like and start creating.
The emergence of the new animations
Google has also made changes to the animation. Now you can add more complex animations to grab the user's attention. You can also see how the animation will look before you publish the Stories.
Ability to add a new rounded border
Now you can create Web Stories on WordPress sites from a frame with rounded edges. It may not seem like such an important update as the previous ones, but the rounded border frames give your Stories a whole new look.
Great examples of Web Stories
Google Web Stories on WordPress is one of the new strategies that large and well-known global brands actively use. If you create exciting Stories, it will attract large flows of audiences and customers. Let's take a look at selected examples of Web Stories.
How to create Web Stories on WordPress sites?
- To get started with the Web Stories plugin, you need to have a WordPress site and download the plugin, just like any other you have already installed.
- After that, you can read the Google instructions if you still have any questions.
- After installation, you should go to the plugin settings to enter all the necessary data. It is important to do this right and pay special attention to it. The efficiency of the plugin depends on this. This will help create Web Stories on WordPress sites that are properly SEO optimized. Check out which common SEO mistakes happen on WP sites if you haven't read our blog yet. If you are not sure about any of it, it is better to ask for help from web developers.
- That's it! Now you can start working with the plugin. After that, it's up to your imagination. Create the Stories that you want to look at, too.
- Especially after the update, the plugin works great, so you cannot have any problems using it. Google developers have done a great job.
Best Practices for Creating Google Web Stories
Google has given valuable recommendations to build Web Stories with the WordPress plugin that are as cool and optimized as possible.
- Provide video content because the users like it more. Don't forget that video content is trending.
- Create the most intriguing stories, so your viewers can’t help but read all the content.
- Don't use a lot of text.
- Be sure to use animation to refresh your Stories.
- Keep headings short and to the point.
- Take care of metadata, so that Stories follow the AMP story metadata guidelines.
These are the basic practices for creating Google Web Stories. Try to stick to them when you create Web Stories on WordPress sites.
Build Google Web Stories with the WordPress plugin
The above information will help you create Web Stories on WordPress sites that will work for your business.
Web Stories on WordPress sites are a great addition to any website because it not only boosts engagement with your audience but also more leads and more traffic.
In order to properly install and configure the Google Web Stories plugin, get help from WordPress maintenance experts. This way you will avoid common SEO optimization problems and problems with integration with other plugins.