Data Driven Design principles in creating landing pages on your Drupal website
Without a doubt, having a highly converted website is a key to successful and lucrative business nowadays. Previously, we have described the benefits of using Drupal for creating your web page, which are hard to argue with. Being flexible, informative and well-organized, a Landing Page on Drupal will definitely lead a user to a purchase.
As the PhotoShop era is gradually vanishing in the past, a brand new approach towards Landing Page design is rising. Data Driven Design or DDD is considered to be a fresh technology in creating unique product based on what users need.
The essence of Domain Driven Design
The essence of DDD is performing various types of researches in order to find out what your target audience wants to see. Data Driven Design on Drupal is easy to perform as, due to Drupal 8’s Layout builder module, you are an architect of your own site.
According to John McDonald, the founder and President of The Good, no matter how innovative and attractive your interface might be, if your users don’t like it, it won’t work. He holds the opinion that Landing Page design must be based on people’s choice, aim and demeanor as it encourages them to be more engaged with your site.
Several investigations may be done to indicate consumer’s demand, for instance site analytics, consumer research, various surveys, user- and A/B testing. Data Driven Design on Drupal is about quantitative researches and analytics rather than designer choice and creativity.
As far as world famous Data Driven Designer Lassi A Liikkanen is concerned, “DDD is an effective solving of design and business challenge with data.” It is a powerful tool, especially for Landing Pages that are targeted at attracting visitors and encourage customers. It is proven that relying on statistical methods and analytics while designing Landing Page improves its conversion and, as a result, boosts business.
Data Driven Design principles
So, what are the principles of Data Driven Design in creating a Landing Page on Drupal?
- In accordance with latest studies conducted, removing a navigation bar from your Landing Page increases web page conversion by 100%.
- Capitalizing of the first letter of each word in headline is preferable for users.
- Include visual guidance for a page (video, for instance) and raise conversion by more than 144%.
- Explain your customers all advantages of using your site by placing a benefit list. It will enhance conversion by 193%.
- After testing CTA placement, your Landing Page conversion may be improved by 591%.
- Give preference towards posting real photos over stock ones and gain more visitors.
- Do not overload users with form fields. The optimal number is up to 4.
- Mobile optimization will lift your conversion by 193%.
All in all, implementing Data Driven Design while creating Landing page on Drupal will boost website performance. The 3D can also to be applied to your site to make it work for your business. All you need is to send us a task today!