Best free and paid Translation Plugins for Multilingual WordPress Website
With the advent of the Internet, any framework for doing business has disappeared. If once the business was limited by some territorial boundaries, today the only thing that can limit you is the language barrier.
In order to cover a large number of multilingual users, your WordPress site should be available into many languages.
There is a general agreement that if you are creating a website, then create it in English, because almost half of the planet speaks English. We don’t want to disappoint you, but if you go this route then you lose about 75% of customers.
There are many countries in which the population speaks many languages. For example, in Switzerland, there are 4 official languages. And if your business is not regional, but international, then all the more you need to have a multilingual website.
Today we help you choose WordPress plugins for translating your website into many languages. In addition, we want to tell you that WishDesk agency has switched to a highly effective model of cooperation, so now you can get even more benefits from working with us — just contact the web developers at WishDesk.
Why do you need to translate your WordPress Multilingual site?
Previously, the creation of a multilingual site was rare, since it cost a lot of money. In order to create a version in some other language, you had to hire a specialist who translated all the information on your site. All this cost a lot of money and took a lot of time.
Now, such sites are no longer rare, because there are special WordPress plugins, which are inexpensive or even free. The plugins for translating websites help you quickly make your website available in all the languages you need.
Two types of WordPress translation plugins
If it comes to translating the site into many languages, then you have two options:
1. Automated translation WordPress plugins
This is the most convenient and most common way to translate all the information available on the multilingual site into any language. Despite the fact that it is very simple and fast, such a translation is not always correct, since it is a machine translation.
Therefore, using such WordPress plugins, keep in mind that some translation may not convey all the nuances and shades of your thoughts and language.
2. Manual translation WordPress plugins
This type of plugins also helps you translate all the necessary information, but on your own.
How does it work? These WordPress plugins only allow you to see how this will look for the user, but they do not translate the text.
You yourself must translate the text into the languages you need, or hire a professional translator. It will cost you more than just translating everything with an automatic translator, and take more time. In the end, however, you will get a quality translation that reproduces all the nuance of your text.
3 main benefits of translating your WordPress site into other languages
1. You get a worldwide audience
The availability of your site in many languages will allow you to expand your target audience and make yourself known as an international company.
2. Your income will increase
Accordingly, after you expand your customer base, you will be able to receive more orders and therefore more income.
3. You boost your search engine rankings
Translating your site into other languages has a positive effect on search results and rankings.
Best WordPress translation plugins
TranslatePress is a manual translator. Its main highlight is its interface.
- integrated with WooCommerce
- available various topics
- integrated with Gutenberg block builder
- automatic translation possible
- integrated with Google Translate and DeepL
- visual front-end interface
- translation directly from the interface
Price: free/ at € 79per year
WPGlobus – Multilingual Everything!
WPGlobus is a plugin for manual translation, which contains all the necessary features to make it convenient for you to work with it.
- manual translation only
- integrated with Gutenberg, WPBakery Page Builder and Elementor
- translation of all parts of the site
- can add many languages
Price: free/ at $15 per year
Today, WPML is the most famous WordPress plugin. It offers translation into 40 + languages with the ability to add others.
- automatic and manual translation
- synchronized with ICanLocalize and Cloudwords
- Microsoft Azure editor to translate
- lets users add their version of the translation
- great for WordPress multisite
- does not overload the site
Price: free/ at $29
Polylang is a good option for someone who wants to be the owner of a multilingual website.
- 100 languages available
- you can create a signature and icon (flag) for each language
- each translation records unique URLs
- automatically updated
- convenient and simple interface
- reasonably good level of machine translation
- takes up little memory
Price: free/ at € 99
GTranslate is a plugin with which it is very easy to work, all you need to do is download and install it and then you can begin.
- automatic and manual translation
- translation into 100+ languages
- does not overload the site
- automatic translator/google translator
- integrated with Google Analytics and WooCommerce
- instant transfer
- automatic translation according to browser language
- available for Yoast SEO
- URL translation
Price: free/ at $ 7.99
Multisite Language Switcher
Multisite Language Switcher can help you launch your own website in different languages, just download it and it's ready to work.
- simple and convenient WordPress plugin
- can translate any part of the site
- integrated with FamFamFam
- available in 28 languages
- compatible with other plugins
Weglot Translation is the best choice for anyone who wants to make their monolingual website translated into many languages.
- convenient dashboard to edit translations
- does not affect page loading
- collaborates with WooCommerce and SaaS firms and much more
- machine and mechanical translation
- quick translation of your entire site
- editing through a visual editor
- integrated with Yoast SEO
Price: free/ at €99
Google Website Translator
Google Website Translator is another WordPress plugin based on Google translator. You need it in order to set up and organize the entire translation process.
- completely free plugin
- simple control panel
- translation of the whole site in a few seconds
- machine and manual translation
- response language switcher
- more than 100 languages available
In short, WP Multilang is the plugin for multilingual websites that is completely free and can translate any part of your site.
- quick translation of everything you want
- REST compatible
- works well with other WordPress plugins and themes
- filtering settings during translation
- users can offer their translations
- integrated with WooCommerce, Yoast Seo, Gutenberg
Which WordPress translation plugins are the best?
The WishDesk team created this list of WordPress translation plugins for you to save you time on choosing exactly what suits your particular case and site.
If you need help with plugin installation or want to develop your own, just contact Wordpress support at WishDesk. Our web company is happy to answer all your questions about WordPress translation plugins. We are pleased to now help you twice as fast, which saves you time and money.